China Owns Riot Games

In 2011, Riot Games was acquired by Chinese conglomerate Tencent.

Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck & Marc Merrill. Riot makes some of the most popular video games including League of Legends & Valorant.

In February 2011, Tencent invested $400 million for a 93 percent stake in Riot Games. Tencent bought the remaining 7 percent on December 16, 2015; the price was not disclosed.

Selling out to China gave the founders a net worth of $200 Million each according to Celebrity Net Worth.