Confidence

“Confidence is the foundation of all learning.” ~ Dr. Tovah Klein, Ph.D

“Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” ~ Brigham Young

“I tend to agree with Robert Frost when he says, ‘Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.’ By this definition, I don’t think anyone can claim that we are successfully educating this next generation.” ~ Brian Huskie, [A White Rose: A Soldier’s Story of Love, War, and School]

“If one advances confidently in the direction of their dreams, and endeavors to lead a life which they have imagined, they will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” ~ Henry David Thoreau

“Confidence doesn’t say ‘They will like me.’ Confidence says, ‘I’ll be fine if they don’t.’” ~ Unknown

“The world-wide discrimination against the autodidact has vitiated many people’s confidence in determining their own goals and needs. But the same discrimination has also resulted in a multiplicity of growing minorities who are infuriated by this insidious dispossession.” ~ Ivan Illich (The Right to Useful Unemployment and Its Professional Enemies)

“It’s not so much what children learn through play, but what they won’t learn if we don’t give them the chance to play. Many functional skills like literacy and arithmetic can be learned either through play or through instruction – the issue is the amount of stress on the child. However, many coping skills like compassion, self-regulation, self-confidence, the habit of active engagement, and the motivation to learn and be literate cannot be instructed. They can only be learned through self-directed experience (i.e. play)." ~ Susan J. Oliver

“One of the best books on mental health there is” ~ Prince EA

#ad
https://amzn.to/40lHAgB