Albert Einstein Quotes

As a child, Albert Einstein:

• Didn’t start speaking until he was four
  • Was thought to be mentally handicapped
  • Had extraordinary temper tantrums
  • Couldn’t read until he was 7 so his teachers said, “you will never amount to anything”
  • Dropped out of school at 15 years old
  • Won a Nobel Prize and changed the worlds approach to physics

“Thus Einstein, despite the well-documented childhood speech delay in his language development, is best not retrospectively “diagnosed” as learning disabled, but rather regarded as an exceptionally bright, self-motivated learner who refused to waste his time with school activities that did not produce a high return in learning.”

“It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom; without this it goes to wreak and ruin. It is a very grave mistake to think that the enjoyment of seeing and searching can be promoted by means of coercion and a sense of duty. To the contrary, I believe that it would be possible to rob even a healthy beast of prey of its voraciousness, if it were possible, with the aid of a whip, to force the beast to devour continuously, even when not hungry, especially if the food, handed out under such coercion, were to be selected accordingly.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Never memorize something that you can look up.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Example isn’t another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Once you stop learning, you start dying.” ~ Albert Einstein

“The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.” ~ Albert Einstein

“I do not believe much in education. Each man ought to be his own model, however frightful that may be.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” ~ Albert Einstein

“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Creativity is contagious, pass it on.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it” ~ Albert Einstein

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” ~ Albert Einstein

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Information is not knowledge.” ~ Albert Einstein

“I never worry about the future. It comes soon enough.” ~ Albert Einstein

“It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Play is the highest form of research.” ~ Albert Einstein

“I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think.” ~ Albert Einstein

“I never teach my pupils, I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Do not worry about your problems with mathematics; I assure you mine are far greater.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.” ~ Albert Einstein

“What is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not always right.” ~ Albert Einstein

“A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Combinatory play seems to be the essential feature in productive thought.” ~ Albert Einstein

“The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.” ~ Albert Einstein

“The really valuable thing in the pageant of human life seems to me not the political state, but the creative, sentient individual, the personality; it alone creates the noble and the sublime, while the herd as such remains dull in thought and dull in feeling.” ~ Albert Einstein [Ideas and Opinions]

“The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.” ~ Albert Einstein

When asked how high the speed of sound is:
“I don’t know. I don’t burden my memory with facts I can find in a conservation dictionary.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it.” ~ Albert Einstein

“There comes a point in your life when you need to stop reading other people’s books and write your own.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” ~ Albert Einstein

“If you can’t explain it to a six year old, you don’t understand it yourself.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” ~ Albert Einstein

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Be a loner. That gives you time to wonder, to search for the truth. Have holy curiosity. Make your life worth living.” ~ Albert Einstein

“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Modern education is competitive, nationalistic and separative. It has trained the child to regard material values as of major importance, to believe that his nation is also of major importance and superior to other nations and peoples. The general level of world information is high but usually biased, influenced by national prejudices, serving to make us citizens of our nation but not of the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

“School failed me, and I failed the school. It bored me. The teachers behaved like Feldwebel (sergeants). I wanted to learn what I wanted to know, but they wanted me to learn for the exam. What I hated most was the competitive system there, and especially sports. Because of this, I wasn’t worth anything, and several times they suggested I leave. This was a Catholic School in Munich. I felt that my thirst for knowledge was being strangled by my teachers; grades were their only measurement. How can a teacher understand youth with such a system? From the age of twelve I began to suspect authority and distrust teachers.” ~ Albert Einstein [Einstein and the Poet: In Search of the Cosmic Man]