Mark Twain Quotes

“I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.” ~ Mark Twain

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” ~ Mark Twain

“In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards.” ~ Mark Twain

“No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.” ~ Mark Twain

“Enthusiasm is caught, not taught.” ~ Mark Twain

“Some people get an education without going to college. The rest get it after they get out.” ~ Mark Twain

“College is a place where a professor’s lecture notes go straight to the students’ lecture notes, without passing through the brains of either.” ~ Mark Twain

“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.” ~ Mark Twain

“The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie.” ~ Mark Twain

“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” ~ Mark Twain

“If you want to change the future, you must change what you’re doing in the present.” ~ Mark Twain

“The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they know and then stop.” ~ Mark Twain

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing you can do is keep your mind young.” ~ [Mark Twain, 1835-1910, American writer]

“I was educated once - it took me years to get over it.” ~ Mark Twain

“Education: the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty.” ~ Mark Twain

“Education is what you must acquire without any interference from your schooling.” ~ Mark Twain

“Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned.” ~ Mark Twain

“Those who do not read have no advantage over those who cannot read.” ~ Mark Twain

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. When you are seeking to bring big plans to fruition it is important with whom you regularly associate. Hang out with friends who are like-minded and who are also designing purpose-filled lives. Similarly be that kind of a friend for your friends.” ~ Mark Twain

“Work and play are words used to describe the same thing under differing conditions.” ~ Mark Twain

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

“We are strange beings, we seem to go free, but we go in chains - chains of training, custom, convention, association, environment - in a word, Circumstance, and against these bonds the strongest of us struggle in vain.” ~ Mark Twain

“Unused talents gives you no advantage over someone who has no talent at all.” ~ Mark Twain