The American Dream Is a Facade šŸ‘

ā€œItā€™s called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe itā€ ~ George Carlin

ā€œNo amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.ā€ ~ Maya Mendoza

TOP COMMENTS:

ā€œA huge part of chasing the ā€œAmerican Dreamā€ is remaining on top of the ā€œfinancial treadmill of lifeā€. You have to keep running on that ā€œtreadmillā€ in order to pay for everything. Iā€™m 62, owned a couple homes, drove nice cars,ā€¦and for decades I had to keep running in order to pay for this dream. ā€“ I donā€™t know how younger people these days are going to be able to keep up. The prices of EVERYTHING these days is way higher (in proportion) to what it was for me, when I was growing up. In my 30ā€™s, I was able to pay for my house, bills, taxes, car, insurance, etc., on ONE mediocre-paying job. Itā€™s almost impossible to do that these days!ā€ ~ CF_1959

ā€œAt the grand old age of 60, the wife and I finally figured this out. Paid off ALL. debt, drive 20 year old vehicles, cook at home and learned to grow food. Turn off the TV and it is amazing how you figure out you want things, you donā€™t need them. Good for you young man!ā€ ~ Jackie Roberts