Fear

Schooling survives on fear. Fear that you wont make it in the real world if you don’t get good grades in the fake world of schooling. Schools instill a deep fear of failure by punishing failure and rewarding obedience when failures are what lead to success.

“Fear of death has replaced love of life.” ~ Daniel Alexander

“Society is splitting in two. People who are driven by fear who want to be ruled over, and people who are driven by love and want to be free.”

“At the root of most fear is what other people will think of us.” ~ Ryan Holiday [Courage is Calling, page 20]

“I think the big mistake in schools is trying to teach children anything, and by using fear as the basic motivation. Fear of getting failing grades, fear of not staying with your class, etc. Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a nuclear explosion to a firecracker.” ~ Stanley Kubrik

“One of my early memories of school is wondering when they were going to start teaching me the things I didn’t know, rather than what I already knew. Many years later, I began to understand how, insidiously, school had reinforced my inadequacies and had left me with what I now call ‘learned incompetency’ and a fear of not being able to do things ‘right’ the first time.” ~ Wendy Priesnitz

“Fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.” ~ Dale Carnegie

“Fear of failure leads to failure.” ~ Paulo Coelho

“Fear again. If you want to control someone, all you have to do is to make them feel afraid.” ~ Paulo Coelho

“Censorship is the child of fear and the father of ignorance.” ~ Laurie Halse Anderson

“Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” ~ Les Brown

“Fear doesn’t prevent death. It prevents life.” ~ Naguib Mahfouz

“The fears we don’t face become our limits” ~ Robin Sharma

“He who has overcome his fears will truly be free.” ~ Aristotle

“We owe our children – the most vulnerable citizens in any society – a life free from violence and fear.” ~ Nelson Mandela

“Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.” ~ Bertrand Russell

“No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” ~ Edmund Burke

"The more unlived your life, the greater your death anxiety. The more you fail to experience your life fully, the more you will fear death.” ~ Irvin D. Yalom

“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” ~ Francis chan

“Fear is the enemy of logic.” ~ Frank Sinatra

“The slavery of fear had made men afraid to think.” ~ Thomas Paine

“Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci

“To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.” ~ Joseph Chilton Pearce

“Curiosity will conquer fear even more than bravery will.” ~ James Stephens

“A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.” ~ Michel de Montaigne

“FEAR is an acronym in the English language for ‘False Evidence Appearing Real’.” ~ Neale Donald Walsch

“The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.” ~ John C. Maxwell

“One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.” ~ Henry Ford

“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.” ~ Mark Twain

“He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life.” ~ Bertolt Brecht

“The two greatest fear busters are knowledge and action” ~ Denis Waitley

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.unschooling.com/tag/fear

https://www.unschooling.com/tag/covid