Happy

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” ~ John Lennon

“To invent your own life’s meaning is not easy, but it’s still allowed, and I think you’ll be happier for the trouble.” ~ Bill Watterson (Creator of Calvin and Hobbes)

“The best way to make children good is to make them happy.” ~ Oscar Wilde

“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.” ~ Aristotle

“Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient.” ~ Aristotle

“The quicker a child gets off the parents payroll, the more likely they will be happy in life.” ~ Gary Vaynerchuk

“The secret to happiness is freedom… And the secret to freedom is courage.” ~ Thucydides

“One test of the correctness of educational procedure is the happiness of the child.” ~ Maria Montessori

“The greatest happiness is to know the source of unhappiness.” ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky

“Ask yourself whether you are happy and you cease to be so.” ~ John Stuart Mill

“The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness.” ~ Eric Hoffer (1954)

“We can go through our whole lives worrying about our future happiness, and totally miss where true peace lives-right here, right now.” ~ Peter Russell

“It is time for a return to childhood, to simplicity, to running and climbing and laughing in the sunshine, to experiencing happiness instead of being trained for a lifetime of pursuing happiness. It is time to let children be children again.” ~ L.R.Knost

“Beware of Destination Addiction: a preoccupation with the idea that happiness is in the next place, the next job, and with the next partner. Until you give up the idea that happiness is someplace else, it will never be where you are.”

“The most important question I ask myself as a parent is this. How can I best help my children be fully themselves and happy with who they are in the world, however they show up.” ~ Lehla Eldridge, [Jump, Fall, Fly, From Schooling to Homeschooling to Unschooling]

“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” ~ A.S.

“Money doesn’t bring happiness and creativity. Your creativity and happiness brings money.” ~ Sam Rosen

“Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

“Satisfaction of one’s curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life.” ~ Linus Pauling

“Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours.” ~ Dale Carnegie

“I was happy as a child with my toys in my nursery. I been happier every year since I became a man. But this interlude of school makes a somber grey patch upon the chart of my journey. It was a unending spell of worries that did not then seem petty, and of toil uncheered by fruition; a time of discomfort, restriction and purposeless monotony.” ~ Winston Churchill

https://twitter.com/Iceman_Hof/status/1127258345495199750

#ad
Dopamine Nation: Finding Balance in the Age of Indulgence
by Dr. Anna Lembke
https://amzn.to/3CglnXB