Unschooling.com

Question Everything

Our society has been dumbed down and indoctrinated so much, they assume that every critical thinker is a conspiracy theorist. Part of the problem is that people are so distracted with TV shows, movies, video games, media, sports, etc. People are so preoccupied with meaningless things that they never question or look into things.

The term “Conspiracy Theory” was coined by the CIA during the Kennedy Investigation and was designed to discredit anybody that referred to an inconvenient truth. People are programmed to call truth seekers conspiracy theorists which is nothing more a than a derogatory title used to dismiss a critical thinker and completely hide the truth of the matter. The first step in truth seeking is to find the truth based on facts, not your feelings, emotions, and perceptions as this is how people have been programmed to react which keeps them running around in circles ignorant to the truth. A reality based in fiction!

"What jolted me was someone’s challenge. He said “if you hear only one side of an issue, you’re not educated, you’re indoctrinated” I was challenged to listen & read opposing views"

“Don’t ask kids what they want to be when they grow up. Ask them what problems they want to solve. This changes the conversation from who do I want to work for, to what do I need to learn to be able to do that." ~ Jaime Casap

Here’s a tip: 99% of people tell me I am wrong all my life. The way to get into the 1%, ignore the 99%.

"Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers." ~ Anthony Robbins

“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.” ~ Albert Einstein

"The most necessary lesson is to unlearn all the wrong things." ~ Antisthenes, 445-360 BC, Ancient Greek Cynic philosopher

"If you never change your mind, why have one?" ~ Edward de Bono

"Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism." ~ David Suzuki

"Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is." ~Winston Churchill

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." ~ Salman Rushdie

"There is no such thing on earth as an uninteresting subject; the only thing that can exist is an uninterested person." ~ Gilbert K. Chesterton

“We have been taught lies. Reality is not at all what we perceive it to be.” ~ Milton William Cooper, [Behold a Pale Horse]

"In a time of drastic change it is the learners who inherit the future. The learned usually find themselves equipped to live in a world that no longer exists." ~ Eric Hoffer, 1902-1983, American writer & philosopher

"A person’s freedom of learning is part of his freedom of thought even more basic than his freedom of speech. If we take away from someone his right to decide what he will be curious about, we destroy his freedom of thought. We say, in effect, you must think not about what interests and concerns you, but about what interests and concerns us.” ~ John Holt

“There is something profoundly deadening to a curious, engaged child about the feeling of being watched and measured, or even, some studies suggest, the anticipation of being measured.“

“I’ve seen kids drop what they’re doing in an instant when they realize they’re being observed in an appraising way. A wall goes up. The lights go out. As psychologist Peter Gray puts it,”

“Evaluation, when it is not asked for, and when it has consequences as it does in school, is a threat. It narrows the mind… it inhibits new learning, new insights, and creative thought—the very processes that some people think school is supposed to promote.”

“The evaluative gaze does the greatest harm, of course, to the kids who live under a biased eye (…) Once an assessment of a child’s ability has been made, positive or negative, that child will feel it; if you think you can conceal it from them, you’re wrong. They know.”

“Most of the time, we see only what we want to see, or what others tell us to see, instead of really investigate to see what is really there. We embrace illusions only because we are presented with the illusion that they are embraced by the majority. When in truth, they only become popular because they are pounded at us by the media with such an intensity and high level of repetition that its mere force disguises lies and truths. And like obedient schoolchildren, we do not question their validity and swallow everything up like medicine. Why? Because since the earliest days of our youth, we have been conditioned to accept that the direction of the herd, and authority anywhere — is always right.” ~ Suzy Kassem, [Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem]

“We awaken by asking the right questions. We awaken when we see knowledge being spread that goes against our own personal experiences. We awaken when we see popular opinion being wrong but accepted as being right, and what is right being pushed as being wrong. We awaken by seeking answers in corners that are not popular. And we awaken by turning on the light inside when everything outside feels dark.” ~ Suzy Kassem, [Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem]

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.

Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.

Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.

Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

“I have a foreboding of an America in my children’s or grandchildren’s time – when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what’s true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness…

The dumbing down of American is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30 second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance” ~ Carl Sagan, [The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark]

Question your choices…

Question everything you see & hear…

Question your influences…

Question what you eat…

Question what your doing and if it makes you happy…

Question why the most important things in life are not learned in school…

Question why schools ban books that make people think critically…

Question vaccines…

Question college…
https://www.unschooling.com/tag/college